During our closure over the summer we have taken the opportunity to cleanse and refresh the centre to provide a Covid secure area for our local community.
We’ve made a number of changes since closing to improve our facilities and ensure they are clean and safe, including:
- Full Covid risk assessment to ensure we put in the right measures to be Covid secure
- Deep cleaned, de-cluttered, painted and decorated throughout
- Added a number of hand sanitisers and cleaning stations throughout the building
- Introduced a one way system and clear floor and wall markings to ensure safe distances are maintained.
- We also have mechanical ventilation to keep fresh air moving around the building.
To make sure everyone using or working in the Community Centre is kept safe and well, we require anyone hiring, or entering the building to follow our Covid safety standards, which we can talk you through.
This includes things like:
- Anyone who has any Covid symptoms or is feeling unwell in anyway should not try to enter the building
- We ask people to follow the current government guidelines on Covid restrictions, including advice on when and where to use a face covering and numbers of people allowed to meet.
- Ensure track and trace details are given, we have a QR code available and easy to use.
- Follow any instructions or requirements agreed when hiring the facility.
Help and Support
If you need any further help or guideance there are a number of foodbanks and support groups available:
- YMCA (James Street) https://www.burtonymca.org/
- Salvation Army https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/burton-trent
- Burton Hope https://www.burtonhope.co.uk/hope2home/
There are also a number of organisations that can help if you are struggling with any emotional or mental health problems.